APC is the Best Place for a Phoenix Team Building Corporate Event!
Are you looking to hold an event for the office that will have them talking about for months while still being constructive and improving team building skills? American Paintball Coliseum features a great facility in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona to get everyone out playing paintball, airsoft, or laser tag! Playing any of the activities offered at American Paintball Coliseum are guaranteed to provide unique team building activities and dynamic experiences.
What is included in a team building event?
American Paintball Coliseum has the ability to accommodate to any sized group you may be looking to bring out. After hour reservations are available for large parties. To find out more about after hours events we encourage you to give us a call. When making your reservation, let us know how many people you are planning to have playing that way rental equipment can be ready to go as soon as the group arrives. Our facility also offers a snack bar to keep your group refreshed and fed. We can also accommodate your group with pizzas at the time of your event, just let us know ahead of time. Outside food and drink is also allowed if you prefer to bring your own or provide catering. Every group is given a brief safety orientation and our field supervisors are constantly watching to make sure everyone is taken care of, on and off the field.
Why Choose Paintball, Airsoft or Laser Tag for a Team Building Exercise?
Paintball, airsoft and laser tag is great for team building exercises because they:
- Improve communication – All of these activities are team sports that require good communication between team members. If communication is weak amongst one team, the competition will help a team work through communication issues and may end up taking the victory.
- Strengthens problem solving – Players need work together in order to achieve a goal or win the game and those that do not work as a team are quickly covered in paint and they must find a way to improve their strategy!
- Promotes creativity – When people are brought together outside of their typical setting it encourages them to think outside of the box and utilize more creative problem solving.
- Creates unity – Many times there is a disconnect between leadership and the rest of the staff. When doing a team building exercise it brings people together and reduces this disconnect. Everyone is at an even level on the field which often helps to boost company moral.
- Relieves tension – The physical activity of extreme indoor sports releases tension that can be built up during the average day. Returning to work with a clear mind makes for a happier and better functioning work environment, something everyone can enjoy.
What are some of the team building games?
Field supervisors are also well versed in various games that will keep the action fun and energetic.
Common games that are perfect for team building events include but are not limited to:
Capture The Flag –
Teams are pitted against each other in an attempt to capture a flag positioned in the middle of the field. The flag must be returned to the starting base which signals the end of the game. If you are shot while carrying the flag, you must drop the flag where it is which gives the other team a chance to get a come-from-behind win!
Team VS. Team Elimination –
The most popular style of play is team versus team elimination. Two teams start on opposing sides and get ready to take each other out! This game ends when one team is completely eliminated leaving the victorious on the field to celebrate. A fun addition to this style of game is to introduce “lives” which makes the game last longer and allows teams to recover and win if the game doesn’t start in your favor.
Freeze Tag –
Teams start in a team versus team format but this game offers a wild twist! If a player gets shot, they must kneel down behind cover and wait for a teammate to tag them back into the game. Effectively this “unfreezes” the teammate allowing them to continue playing. The game ends when one team is completely “frozen”.
There are many other games that can be played on our paintball, airsoft and laser tag fields and you can suggest your own variations if your group would like. Games like the ones described above build communication, teamwork, and trust, all of which are qualities that are desired in the workplace.
American Paintball Coliseum has rental equipment available by reservations which can be made by calling us at (602) 275-5285. Our facility also offers a snack bar to keep your group refreshed and fed. We can also accommodate your group with pizzas at the time of your event, just let us know! Outside food and drink is also allowed if you prefer to bring your own or provide catering. Without a doubt, holding your event at American Paintball Coliseum is the only way get the office out and about for an activity that everyone will enjoy.