Keeping score while Axe Throwing
Keeping score when you are axe throwing increases the fun! Each axe throwing target is made up of black lines, a red bullseye and two blue spots.
- A bullseye is worth 6 points
- Each ring outside of the bullseye is one point less. For example point values would go 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
- A miss or not sticking to the target is scored as a zero
- Blue special areas are worth 8 points. The Thrower needs to call the shot before the throw for points to be awarded.
- If an axe is breaking a black line but not clearly inside the next ring, the point value is the lesser
Are you ready for a Duel?
This game is the base format and is easy to play for all skills levels. The rules are simple:
- Pick an opponent to duel against from your friends and family
- Throw 3 axes in a row – trying to get the highest score
- Let your opponent throw their 3 axes
- The player with the highest amount of points wins!
Tug – Of – War
Now that you have gotten the hang of it, this game is great to play with groups of people that keeps everyone involved.
First, divide into two teams. play a game of rock, paper, scissors to see who throws first.
The starting value for the game is zero. Pick which team will we trying for negative points or positive points. Then, take turns through the teams throwing an axe. Add and subtract from the common score to determine the winner.
The first team to get either 15 points or -15 points wins!
If you think you can be tricky this game is for you! This game works just like HORSE except with axes. One person makes a throw and the rest of the team has to try and match it. If the throw is not matched or does not stick – add a letter. If you get to CHIP, you lose!
World Axe Throwing League Matches (WATL)
To keep score like the pro’s use this format to see how you stack up.
- Each thrower will get 10 throws. Keep a total score for this set.
- Run through 4 sets of ten throws for a final score
- Use this as a weekly score to play by official league rules
Lucky 21! This game is a competition to see who can score exactly 21 points first. Rotate through your group and keep score along the way. Add points until the first person gets to 21 then yell “Blackjack!”. If you throw and get more points than you need, reset to the last value and wait for your next turn.
Hint: It is helpful to be accurate in the later rounds to secure victory.